MY BLOG HAS MOVED!

You should be automatically redirected in a few seconds. If not, visit
http://supakid.wordpress.com
and update your bookmarks! See ya there!!! :D

Dec 11, 2008

Fashionably Green



On Wednesday I had the opportunity to attend a fashion thingy held at the Hilton in San Juan. The theme was to go all green, and 4 aspiring designers were picked to make collections with clothes given from the Salvation Army and re-use whats already been dismissed. The whole event was a bit on the snobbish side and the idea behind it was for people to recycle there own clothes for the event and not buy anything. I weeded myself in, thanks to the agency I work for who got me free passes. YES!!!



The runway was a head turner, where flowers and fake grass made it impossible for heels( but very literal) so, barefoot the models went. The 4 designers were Jaer Caban, whom hes clothes worked better as separate, but still managed to pull a few looks together. Laura Teresa had some interesting shapes. José Raul was the only to attempt mens wear and finally Lisandra Cruz, the winner of the show, really was the only collection to have consistency on the colour, shapes, the silhouettes and the union of her theme which came together in her collection as a whole( I just said the same thing in about 5 diferent ways ). She also took the men shirt into skirts, belts and boarding it in interesting ways.



Stella Nolasco closed the show with some really impressive gowns, but it was hard to absorve it all as there were to many looks walking down the green path. My favorite part of it all was the judges. Rami Kashou, from Project Runway was invited as a judge and this has been the only time I've been starstruck by anyone and had trouble getting my name out my mouth. He's the nicest person EVER. So simple and always with a smile.



I wish I could have taken better pictures of the show, but either my camara or the crappy lighting didn't make it possible to take a lot of good photos. Below are a few pictures that were my favorite and videos of the show:

Jaer Cabán



Laura Teresa Rivera



José Raul



Lisandra Cruz



Lisandra Cruz Finale


Stella Nolasco





Stella Nolasco closing the show

No comments: